0%  [ 0 ]
40% of cost
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
total votes . 1

para
.. . ..

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm   BLEAK PRICING reply with quote

alright, so i've obviously done something wrong with the bleaks. my guess is the price. i've never been any good at pricing my work, i usually ask someone else but this time i just took a wild ass guess about what my time and effort were worth and came out very fucking wrong it would seem. add to that the fact that this is my first venture into the euro market and it results in disaster

what i would like to do is open this question up and let you price the bleaks for me. here are the current prices, try not to be too offensive Razz

name - [ $$ ]

ATTEN - [ 90 ]
CONVERT - [ 60 ]
IMP OUT - [110 ]
MUTE BUTTON - [100 ]
MULT - [ 80 ]
RECTIF - [ 80 ]
CONVERTrca - [ 60 ]
LOWPASS - [ 90 ]

8 piece set [ 630 ]

-

indexofmetals

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 am   reply with quote

I think the rectifier is priced fine but the lowpass should be priced about the same as the rectifier.

re mults, compared to the doepfer ones (http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a180/ & http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a181/) which are priced at $45 / $50 they do seem priced higher

the only euro module I could find with a button was from synthwerkshttp://www.analoguehaven.com/synthwerks/mg-1/ priced at $90

Euro isn't really my thing so maybe some of the other people on the forum that have Euro systems can give their view. It does seem a fickle market compared to other formats. I only have a doepfer portable case, mainly with some wiard/malekko modules, which isn't full and would've sold it all off if the euro teaspoon wasn't on the way.

Hope this was of some use.

-

para
.. . ..

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 pm   reply with quote

thanks for the input, how about something like this

ATTEN - [ 70 ]
CONVERT - [ 40 ]
IMP OUT - [70 ]
MUTE BUTTON - [70 ]
MULT - [ 40 ]
RECTIF - [ 70 ]
CONVERTrca - [ 40 ]
LOWPASS - [ 70 ]

8 piece set [ 399 ]

-

pothole

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm   reply with quote

Sorry to hear that...although I think sales across the board are super slow right now. No idea on euro pricing....I need stompbox format, like a TeaspoonCAS stompbox..ahem... cyclops

-

mudlogger

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am   reply with quote

Sorry to be really blunt but i think its a few things - not just the price.

Don't get me wrong - i think your stuff is brilliant but I think people want something truly unique / different in euro (like the Teaspoon!)...not more passive utilities - see comments below.

"Passive Shmassive, Utility Futility! Let's see the Teaspoon in a Euro module!"

"Agreed. There are now 8 different manufacturers building passive multiples, 7 others building jack converters, and 8 with passive attenuators. I think we're good."

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28053&start=all&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Cheers and apologies if it sounds disrespectful.

-

para
.. . ..

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm   reply with quote

blunt is preferred, i'm not into dancing around subjects. probably because i'm pretty dim these days Razz

well this batch of bleaks was done to help me pay my bills while i work on the teaspoon euro which will still be a little while. i just took the raw supplies that i had in storage and did what i could with them in an attempt to raise money. a low number series with unique one off artwork. i chose euro format to show people that i was serius about it, i didn't bother looking around to see if anyone was doing what i was. i figured the low count and the art would set me off to one side.

and thank you to everyone that sent in a donation and pre order, actually i can't thank you enough, you saved me and TSP. not quite done yet but seriously THANK YOU

i still want to sell these bleaks though, if anyone has any ideas let me hear !

-
display previous:   
post new topic   reply to topic    index . . . ... ... . ..... ... GMT - 5 Hours
page 1 of 1

jump to.