the squarewave parade the squarewave parade
Movies
goto page previous  1, 2, 3

view previous topic . view next topic  

para
.. . ..

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 pm   reply with quote

i really hope District9 turns out well

and while i'm not a fan of his music at all it would be interesting to see what mr. zombie could accomplish in film if there were not a team of shit eaters standing over him making sure his output paid the bills. the devil's rejects had such an unbelievable amount of obvious edits that i was really hoping they would release an uncut version, maybe they did? i have no idea. haven't bothered with the newer stuff yet

and happy anniversary. seven years is a very long time these days

-

exuviae
mod

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm   reply with quote

Thanks!

The Devil's Rejects is still a personal favorite-despite the obvious 'taming' of his ideas by the powers-that-be. The unrated version does have a tiny bit more in terms of nastiness, but largely, it is still pretty much the same film.

The first Halloween remake had one big complete scene replacement, which he actually turned into a cool opportunity to use a bunch of the gang from The Devil's Rejects to do cameos. After seeing the unrated version, I have a hard time choosing which I prefer...

-

para
.. . ..

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:31 pm   reply with quote

the premise for ( the remake of? ) inglourious basterds looks fun but well... tarantino hasn't done anything i've liked since his first two feature direction's. his 'four room' was good i guess. i'm also not an elvis fan. i'm pretty sure just hanging out with him would be a fucking blast but his dialog as of late has been lacking... blah blah blah sorry

haven't seen the uncut Devil's Rejects, the cuts in the theatrical version diced up the dialog and story so bad i was surprise it even saw the theater. i'm sure the violence they could get away with had a role in the that

so his halloween is worth watching then? how about the sequel or is it even out yet?

-

exuviae
mod

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:37 pm   reply with quote

The unrated Devil's Rejects doesn' add much in the way of dialog or fix any edits in the storyline - it just puts back a few seconds here and there of some of the nastier scenes.

I thought his Halloween remake was pretty alright all things considered:

1. I am not a fucking purist about the original. Yes, it's a great horror film - a classic for sure, but I don't consider it some holy relic that shall not be fucked with.
2. I love that he went with a good portion of backstory on M. Myers to balance out the remake portion.

District 9 was a sweet piece of cinema!

-

para
.. . ..

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:28 pm   reply with quote

noted, i'm not that into the originals either, not that big on that era of horror really. though it was a big enough part of my childhood i suppose

wow that was fun to say but ......delete.

-

para
.. . ..

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:32 pm   reply with quote

classics

scanners
dreamscape
altered states

-
display previous:   
goto page previous  1, 2, 3
page 3 of 3