the squarewave parade the squarewave parade
SOLD: amnesio SL-1

view previous topic . view next topic  

mjsemtex

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am   SOLD: amnesio SL-1 reply with quote

http://thesquarewaveparade.com/amnesio.html

i don't really use this often enough... considering the possibility of selling it to someone else who might.

any interest?

-

thetonewrecker

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:09 pm   reply with quote

General price range ideas? I have no idea how much it was originally, or what any others have sold for. Are there more than one out there?

-

mjsemtex

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm   reply with quote

thetonewrecker wrote.
quote.
General price range ideas? I have no idea how much it was originally, or what any others have sold for. Are there more than one out there?

i paid 249 for it. would like to get the same in return... it's exactly as i received it. considering recent ebay histories, i'm sure i could get a small fortune for it but would rather avoid the headaches.

as far as i know, it's the only one... though, inside the back cover it says '1 of 2'?

maybe the creator could enlighten us?

-

para
.. . ..

Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:05 pm   reply with quote

sorry busy busy

one of a kind storytime

ahhh i can try to take a photo of the cannibalized corpse of its sibling if you like. its sitting here on a shelf. i'm pretty sure the epic tail of the amnesio is buried at the end of the tsp talk board in poorly transferred posts from the old forum i had up. what a fucking nightmare of a disappointment. i think it started with me finding these bad ass little personal memo thingies in all their new early 80’s bubble card glory at a thrift store, 10 or so i think, they worked like a little constantly running tape loop instead of a normal sampler chip so i was excited as shit and started to put together a little box idea with a vcf that i could never get sounding right because i didn't know shit back then but it still has its charm i guess, straight to self osc…. anyway as i got into these handmade little add on boards and getting the bending and shit done to the recorder everything just sort of fell apart, i was frying each board with the bends for some reason and ended up with only 2 left that took the bends right, then the second one started to mess up and im pretty sure i spent every day for over a week just trying to save that fucker from death. but it never fully recovered and i didn't feel right selling something that could die at any time. after that i spent week after week and finally found the place that built them in china back in the fucking 80's if you can believe it and talked the poor lady that helped me via email into searching the while factory after days of me begging her to look around and she actually found a box of like 20 or something in the basement or backroom, couldn't believe it. then she said like $25 (i forget) each and i said FUCK YOU, she said like $23 each and no less and i said how about $10 which is about 10 times what i paid for the others and i was broke as fuck so neither of us budged..... so……

matt has the only functioning amnesio "currently" in existence

i say "currently" because the saga will in fact continue and soon actually unless things go awry again. i was as usual going to not say anything until they were ready but it would be awkward at this point not to. there is a new much simpler version of the amnesio on the way but teaspoon sized and without all the extra controls. limited to whatever survives this time. fingers crossed - i was but a child when worked on the others - now i am the joker geek reindeer albino clown toothy4 ahh clown i guess but i have learned a few things here and there

but that SL-1 will never ever ever be made again. even if i do rebuild this husk here i will change tons of shit around with the circuit so it will be something else and i'll probably just keep it anyway.

steven

-

mjsemtex

Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:51 pm   reply with quote

i do remember some of this from back then.

and i'm almost convinced that i shouldn't sell this thing... maybe all of the other crap i've got around here.

-

para
.. . ..

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:45 pm   reply with quote

yeah i find it hard to deal with the fact that i spent so much time on those only to end up with one. this was the turning point of me focusing on original work rather then bending

steven

-

para
.. . ..

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 pm   reply with quote

i remembered some more right before i fell asleep last night so there are some corrections.

when she found the others they had a different blister pack card design or action figure pack or whatever you want to call it and that caused me to ask the poor old lady to open up one and get me photos of the pcbs. like 4 emails later she finally did it and it was different from the ones i had so that set off alarms with me and THAT is why i didn't want to pay more then that $10 because i had no guarantee that they would work the same. i think i may have even offered $20 each if they were identical and thats what motivated her to do it but it was a tough situation being as how i was almost completely broke and the amnesio's were supposed to correct that, rock and hard place

also it didn’t end that smoothly, it was more like email after email of me asking them to drop the price and bargaining and that eventually led to them never replying again.

the ones i have for the new version i found elsewhere [nos] and there are not many and i'm keeping back ups for repairs so...

steven

-

mjsemtex

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:59 pm   reply with quote

well, i'm feeling some of the 'change' and probably need to start selling a few things. just listed the amnesio sl-1 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220362635638

a few coil records as well if you look at my other auctions.

-
display previous:   
page 1 of 1

jump to.